Hello West Florida ISACA Members,
I wanted to provide our members with an early view of plans for the coming year. Jon Campbell covered the major accomplishments at our Annual General Meeting held June 22, 2017 at the scenic Tampa Club.
- CPE Program
- 40+ hours and attendance Successful GRC Conference
- Engaging training on Cyber Security and Internal Audit
- Review courses held for CISA, CISM & CRISC
- Online CRISC course launched and continuance of online CISM courses
- Continued partnership with IIA on CPE events
- Academic Relations
- Created student scholarship fund and case competition at USF Tampa
- Participated at on-campus events at USF Tampa, UT, and USF SP
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Over $15,000 raised to support CPE events and chapter operations
- Our chapter is growing (34% growth since 2016)
Plans for the coming year include:
- More partnership with other groups like Tampa Bay ISC2, combined with our existing relationship with Tampa Bay IIA
- Fall and Spring events on security and internal audit
- Fall and Spring networking events
- GRC 2018 as our premier spring event
- CISA, CRISC, and CISM boot camps (at least twice a year and possibly three times to match the revised testing schedule)
- Expanded students’ events at USF Tampa, University of Tampa, and USF St. Pete
- A big theme will be to make greater use of our members who have volunteered
All of these events and activities are a great way for you as a member to learn, develop, stay relevant, and help mentor the next generation of professionals in our field. The events and programs would not be successful without the hard work of volunteers in and outside of the chapter, so thank you to everyone for making our chapter a success.
Individuals interested in speaking at an event or volunteering should reach out to our chapter Membership@westfloridaisaca.org.
Please check our calendar on our website www.westfloridaisaca.org as well as our ISACA West Florida Chapter Linkedin page for all of the great events planned this year!
Dan Ruggles, President
West Florida ISACA